Your item-level linking solution.
EBSCO's LinkSource is a vendor-neutral OpenURL link resolver that puts the library in control of item-level linking and helps to maximis the use of full-text collections.
Using LinkSource's extensive knowledge base, the library administrator can select the appropriate resources (databases, e-journal sites, etc.) to be linked and apply the conditions that determine when the links display, solving the "appropriate copy" problem.
LinkSource presents links to the full text to which the user has rights or to other relevant services such as the library catalogue, an ILL request form or document delivery order form. LinkSource links to hundreds of targets including full-text databases, OPACs, e-journal gateway sites, publisher sites, search engines and abstract and index services.
EBSCO A-to-Z functions as the knowledge base for LinkSource, allowing for quick and easy setup of this highly customisable link resolver. LinkSource is also integrated with other EBSCO services. E-journals purchased from EBSCO and accessible via EBSCOhost Electronic Journals Service are automatically updated in the knowledge base.
- configure LinkSource to reflect your entire e-holdings collection
- customise site look and feel with comprehensive branding capabilities
- choose the authentication method appropriate for your institution.
- provide access to the appropriate copy from the point of discovery
- hosted on EBSCO's servers, no local servers to maintain
- save money by reducing ILL and document delivery charges.