- How can EBSCO help me if I work directly with the publisher and assume that’s what the publisher prefers?
Actually, while the publisher may want to handle negotiations directly, the E-Package Renewal/RapidRenewal concept was conceived in conjunction with one of the world’s more prominent publishers. Additionally, all participating publishers are partnering with EBSCO to provide you this service.
- I have custom pricing from the publisher. How do I know that what you are showing me is correct?
EBSCO records what you paid last year, plus your contract terms, including price cap data. E-Package Renewals via EBSCONET auto-calculates and displays your pricing based on publisher terms.
- How can EBSCO handle my subscription list and my package titles that are split between vendors?
We can handle your package through EBSCONET if you move all subscriptions from a publisher to EBSCO. We suggest that you divide your subscriptions among agents by publisher. Since you have titles with other vendors, we’ll reconcile any publisher takeover titles once a year prior to sending your list to be worked. We think you will be so happy with our system that you’ll want us to manage all of your packages!
- Can EBSCO help me if I order my subscriptions through my consortium, which has instructed me to pay the publisher (or the consortium) directly?
Actually, most publishers will allow (and even encourage) you to work with EBSCO. We also have working relationships with most consortia. Most of the time, you can take advantage of consortia-negotiated pricing AND EBSCO’s package services. Which consortium? We can likely provide references of other members using EBSCO for packages.
- I didn’t order through EBSCO last year. Can I participate in E-Package Renewals this year?
YES! We need a copy of the invoice and title list (with pricing) from 2009, plus license terms (price cap and cancellation allowance as well as any additional package fee amount) — all of which EBSCO can obtain from either you or the publisher. Once we have that data, it will be loaded into E-Package Renewals as the basis for the following year’s renewal.
- Do I have to pay for this service?
E-Package Renewals is a value-added service for customers who purchase their packages through EBSCO. You may actually see a positive impact on your service charge if you place additional packages with EBSCO.