Electronic File Format
- Submit via ftp or email and include all graphics, screen and printer fonts
- All files sent via email or ftp should be zipped to preserve file integrity
- Files over 3 Mb should be sent via ftp
- Acceptable file formats: Quark, PageMaker, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PDF in both Mac and PC platforms
- All images should be saved as 300 dpi or higher
- Color files should be saved as CMYK not RGB
- All Photoshop or Illustrator files should be saved in .eps or .tif formats
- Save PDF files using PDF X-1A, "Highest Quality Print" or "Press" settings in Acrobat
- Save Quark files using "Collect for Output"
- Save PageMaker files using "Save for Service Provider"
- Save InDesign files using "Package"
- Submit a pdf with all Quark, PageMaker, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator files for proofing purposes.
For more information on sending files via secure FTP, please contact Brian Caskey.
When uploading, please send an e-mail notification to Brian Caskey.
Artwork received in a non-electronic format as well as author's alterations to existing artwork (typesetting, stripping, etc) will incur an additional fee.
Promotional Fliers for Loose Inserting
- Fliers should be printed on a maximum of 80# text and consist of one sheet (printed two sides, if desired) with maximum dimensions of 8" x 10.5" (before fold)
- One fold is acceptable
- All shipments of fliers to EBSCO must be boxed securely and noticeably marked with the quantity/contents and the name of the publication(s) in which they are to be inserted on the outside of each box
- Pallets used should be 40" x 48" with a maximum height of 47".
Size Specifications for Advertising Materials
Width x Depth (Image Area)
Full Page (B&W)*
7.5" x 10"
Full Page Tab
7.5" x 10"
Half Page (vertical)
3.5" x 10"
3.5" x 5"
*Includes Inside Front, Inside Back Cover and Back Cover.
EBSCO Industries, Inc
Attn: Brian Caskey
5724 Highway 280 East
Birmingham, AL 35242-6818